Thursday, June 7, 2012

New Salmon Artwork

Recently, I (Yiwei) was approached by the Monterey Bay Salmon and Trout Project to illustrate the cover of their new brochure. I just finished the drawing and thought I'd share the picture I created with you.

I used colored pencils to depict coho salmon as they journey through the redwood streams to their spawning grounds. Hopefully, you'll agree that all the art classes I took as a kid paid off! 

Although I don't consider myself an artist, I do like honing my drawing skills once in a while, especially to advance scientific communication and knowledge. If you follow and/or support our project, you'll continue to see us strive to connect science and artistic expression through sketches, drawings, photography, and many more avenues!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.ecologyalaska.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service